Topic: Two suggestions

First of all, I would love to see an integral calculator built in to this program, or at least i would like to know why there is no such.

Second I would like to know if it's possible for you to make the program treat the function in the attached .grf as a point series defined for integers of "t". By this I mean if it could automaticly give me a point series containing the points (x(1);y(1)), (x(2);y(2)), (x(3);y(3)), and so on from (in this case) 3 to 100.

In advance thank you, I'm amazed you use so much time answering questions in this forum(:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Graph.grf 1.07 kb, 676 downloads since 2010-11-02 

Re: Two suggestions

If you mean you want to calculate the numeric integral, then you can use Calc|Area in the menu.

For the second thing you can use Calc|Table to calculate all values in a specified range. If you want you can copy the result into a point series.

Actually I meant if grapher could calculate the Antiderivative of a function. But since I posted that question I've found a webpage ( www.numberempire.com ) that does this perfectly, and I certaintly see why it wouldn't be necessary, but still it would be a handy feature.

And to the second answer, that was just what i needed, so thanks(:

By the way I posted the Error Messages in the support section, and I just want to add that it seems like, the troubles I had is now fixed in the 4.4 Beta version.

Actually it is possibly to plot the antiderivative in Graph. Graph can just not do it symbolic. If you for example want to plot the integral of f(x)=x^2, you can plot the function f(x)=integrate(x^2,0,x).

I am glad to hear that the other problem was fixed in the beta version. I really need to get Graph 4.4 finished soon.

Okay I see. I had not considered that, next time I'm looking for a feature I've not yet been able to find I'll try the list of functions:) I really don't know how I've been able to overlook that one. And I sure hope you do finish it soon, right now I do fine with the old one, but I've already began doing some graphs with 4.4, because of the improvements. Nice work I must say!