Topic: Help! Graphs of the Tan, Cot, Csc, and Sec Functions

1)  I want to graph them say in blue, solid line [like my book Sullivan Precallculus 8e] showing the limit not used in red dashed line.

2) also need to graph functions that are x=y  is there a way?

I use http://interactmath.com/Exercises.aspx to aid in teaching me the math for my college class MTH1460 Precallculus [Trig..].

Thanks, smile

Re: Help! Graphs of the Tan, Cot, Csc, and Sec Functions

p71rock wrote:

1)  I want to graph them say in blue, solid line [like my book Sullivan Precallculus 8e] showing the limit not used in red dashed line.

When plotting a function you can choose a color, e.g. blue. If you want to indicate an asymptote, you can plot that as a separate function with a red color and a dashed line style.

p71rock wrote:

2) also need to graph functions that are x=y  is there a way?

From the FAQ:
Q: How do I plot a function x=f(y)?
A:
  To draw a function with y as the independent variable, you need to use a parametric function. Select Parametric function as function type when adding the function. If you want to draw the function x=sin(y), you can now enter the function as x(t)=sin(t), y(t)=t. Alternatively you can draw it as a relation where you can enter x=sin(y) directly.

3 (edited by p71rock 2010-05-09 03:48:16)

Re: Help! Graphs of the Tan, Cot, Csc, and Sec Functions

Thanks that helps a lot... smile

i tried it but I think i am lost.. help is appreciated neutral.

I think I get it now   for x=(the number) and y=t  this seem to work but sadly you have to name the lines your self...