Topic: Precision

I registered for a couple reasons.
For starters, this is an awesome application!

I ran into something that I'm annoyed with but I imagine there's a solution I haven't discovered. How do I adjust the evaluation/tracing precision? Right now it's displaying items in scientific notation. Is there anyway to deal with that or only the decimal precision?

Re: Precision

You can specify the number of decimals shown in the Options dialog. But with large and small number Graph will always use scientific notation. Can you clarify how you would like it to work? I am considering improving it, but I am unsure exactly how it should work.

Ivan Johansen wrote:

You can specify the number of decimals shown in the Options dialog. But with large and small number Graph will always use scientific notation. Can you clarify how you would like it to work? I am considering improving it, but I am unsure exactly how it should work.

Thank you, I found the precision options for decimal places.

I guess for me I'm working with relatively simple numbers (mostly whole), and having to adjust the decimal precision for scientific notation seems sloppy to me. Keep in mind, I'm not a mathematician or even an expert by any means. I'm using Graph as a supplement to my own doodles and sometimes to even check my own work.

I really enjoy using the application, but I personally would love the option to turn off scientific notation (even if it was an option in the analyzer window). When I first set the precision option (say 2 places), I expected that to affect fractional results only, not inordinately large whole numbers in scientific number format.

I see your point. I will try to improve it and at least make it possible to disable scientific notation.