Topic: Arrows on Axes removed when image is resized

If I have arrows on both end of the axes, and I resize the image, the arrows on the negative ends of the axes are removed (4.4.2 B543). Is there setting that can be changed so that once arrows on both ends of the axes are selected, they will continue to stay there until you decide to remove them?

Re: Arrows on Axes removed when image is resized

I assume you use F9 to show arrows at both ends. I just tried with Graph 4.4.2, but I cannot reproduce the problem. For me the arrows stay at both ends when the window is resized.

I have attached a plugin that can be installed in the beta version of Graph 4.5. It will create a menu item Plugins|Show negative arrows that will show arrows on the negative ends of the axes. If you afterwards check Save as default in the Edit|Axes dialog, the setting will be active when you create a new file in the future.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon NegativeArrows.py 616 b, 375 downloads since 2019-09-01 

I realized that the problem is not on resizing, it's when I open the Edit Axes menu. I removed tick marks and grid lines, and the arrows disappeared. This happened whether I run the plugin to add the arrows or use F9

Yes, in Graph 4.4.2 the Edit|Axes dialog will reset the setting. This was changed in Graph 4.5, so the dialog only makes changes to the settings that are actually found in the dialog.