Topic: Importing excel data files

Hi.
    I create a lot of table of values using excel (in the 100s of data value spread over many columns) which I then have to manually cut and paste into Graph's "import point series". Would you be able to add a facility in Graph that import such data files? I saw a post from 2016 mentioning something about importing excel files, and you replied saying you didn't understand the person's question. Maybe s/he was tlaking about this?

chris

Re: Importing excel data files

You can save the file as a comma separated values (csv) in Excel, which you can import into Graph.

I have now created a plugin that can import point series from Excel .xlsx files. You can find it at
https://www.padowan.dk/bin/plugins/ImportExcel.zip

You need the beta version of Graph 4.5 from https://padowan.dk/beta

You can install the plugin from the Plugin Manager in the Plugins menu. When installed you will have a menu item Files|Import|Excel file in the main menu and an Import Excel file menu item in the context menu in the Insert pointseries dialog.

Ivan

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the effort. I have downloaded Graph 4.5 Beta to test this out and it doesn't seem to work. I created a one-sheet Excel file containing two columns of numbers (with no headings or anything, just columns of numbers). I was thinking that Graph would read the left column (which runs from 0.6 to 1.5 in steps of 0.1) as the x-axis, and the right column (which is just zeros) as the y axis data.

I then went to Graph -> File -> Import -> Excel file and the result I got is shown in the attached jpg. None of my points were plotted and Graph created 4 separate points series, each of these empty.

chris

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Graph excel import test.jpg 104.66 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Can you please attach the Excel file you used. I tried doing as you describe at it works.