Topic: Four ideas that would help me.

By the way thanks for you program is has helped a lot.

1) It would be nice if when calculating points from a formula that you can export > to the points [F4] x and y for 2d plotting.   neutral

2) plot point on the min., middle, and max. of say a sin, cos, & etc.  wave. smile

3) when labeling points to either pick the location from a pick screen or like the top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, .....  or even notate off x and y axis but next to it. smile

trying to plot vertical asymptotes  -3π/2,- π/2, 0 , π/2,&  3π/2 for [tan(x)=1 or sec(x)=1 ]  yikes

4) print shown graph to JPG file.  [I currently use alt print screen and paint for this.]

Thanks for all of your hard work cool

Re: Four ideas that would help me.

p71rock wrote:

1) It would be nice if when calculating points from a formula that you can export > to the points [F4] x and y for 2d plotting.   neutral

In the Table dialog you can use Copy from the context menu or Ctrl+C to copy the selected points and afterwards paste them into the Point series dialog.

p71rock wrote:

2) plot point on the min., middle, and max. of say a sin, cos, & etc.  wave. smile

I am not sure I understand this. Do you want to mark minimum, maximum, etc. coordinates on a graph? Currently you can use a point series for this, but I plan to make something better in the future.

p71rock wrote:

3) when labeling points to either pick the location from a pick screen or like the top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, .....  or even notate off x and y axis but next to it. smile

trying to plot vertical asymptotes  -3π/2,- π/2, 0 , π/2,&  3π/2 for [tan(x)=1 or sec(x)=1 ]  yikes

You can use a point series and choose to show the coordinates or you can use a text label.

p71rock wrote:

4) print shown graph to JPG file.  [I currently use alt print screen and paint for this.]

You can use File|Save as image to save as JPEG.

Re: Four ideas that would help me.

thanks for the information I'll use them thanks smile