Deprecated: Required parameter $errors follows optional parameter $type in /customers/5/9/f/padowan.dk/httpd.www/forum/include/parser.php on line 524

Topic: Plugin Support On Mac with Wine Bundle

Hi, is there was a way to get plugin support included in a wine bundle (like the one available for download on the site)?

I want to distribute graph with a custom plugin included to my students for a project and most of them have Macs. The wine bundle works great, but does not have access to the plugin menu.

Love the program! Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Plugin Support On Mac with Wine Bundle

I haven't given it much thought before, but I have now updated the wine bundle with Python so the plugins are available. I also somehow managed to decrease the file size of the bundle: http://www.padowan.dk/bin/GraphBeta-4.5.0.562.app.zip

The plugins must be placed here:
~/Library/Application Support/com.padowan.Graph_151104165731643/drive_c/Program Files/Graph/Plugins

It will be created the first time you start Graph. The number might change in the future. It seems to be randomly generated every time the bundle is recreated.

Thank you for your response. I've downloaded the bundle you linked to, but the plugin menu is still not available. I checked the Application Support folder, but the com.padowan.Graph folder was not created. When I created it myself and placed a plugin inside, the plugin menu still did not appear.

If it helps, I am running Mac OS Sierra.

Thank you again for your help

It sounds like you are still using the old bundle. The new GraphBeta-4.5.0.562.app.zip file is about 100 MB and decompressed Graph.app is 317 MB. It will create the com.padowan.Graph_151104165731643 folder under Application Support on the first run.

The old Graph.app file was 620 MB and created a folder named _139176301321692, which you can safely delete when you no longer need it.

5 (edited by smickel 2017-11-21 06:06:45)

I believe you're right, it does seem to be the old bundle. The link for the GraphBeta-4.5.0.562.app.zip file downloads a 300 MB zip file (620 MB decompressed). I'm not sure why it's not linking to the new file.

I have tried downloading the file several times and always get the new 100 MB zip file. I guess it is a cache issue somewhere. Your computer might think it is smart and give you the old file instead of downloading the file again because it thinks the file hasn't changed.

I have now made a copy of the file with another name. Please try this link and see if that works better:
http://www.padowan.dk/bin/GraphBeta-4.5.0.562-2.app.zip

Well, I tried downloading the file from multiple computers with the same result...

Regardless, the new link you posted does send me to the right file. I tested the plugin, and it works great.

Thank you so much for your help!

It is strange that you could not download the correct file from the original link as it is the same file. However I have now updated the link on the download page so everyone should get the new file now.

Thank you for the read. Honestly you covered the topic and broadly examined all
areas. If i was to write this i would have done a few things differently

Hi Ivan,

It seems as though the mac bundle doesn't work on the latest mac OS (Catalina).
If it isn't too much trouble, could you upload a version with the latest version of Wine that can run on the latest OS?

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately it will not help to just update Wine. MacOS Catalina does not support 32-bit programs. This means that I will have to compile Graph for 64-bit, which turned out to be more difficult than I thought. I am working on it, and I will upload an updated version as soon as I have it working.