Topic: Arrows on both ends of x-axis and y-axis on startup

I looked up an old post about getting the arrows to show up on the x-axis and y-axis by using the python console using:

Graph.Axes.xAxis.ShowNegativeArrow=True
Graph.Axes.yAxis.ShowNegativeArrow=True

Once this was achieved, I tried to save the settings of the axis as default (so that the next time I start graph the arrows on both ends of the axes would show up). However, the arrows did not show up on startup.

Is there a way to have the arrows on both ends of each axis show up on startup?

Thank you

Re: Arrows on both ends of x-axis and y-axis on startup

That is my mistake. The setting got reset by the Axes dialog. It was not supposed to do that. I have fixed it now in the beta version of Graph 4.5, which you can find at http://www.padowan.dk/beta/

Thanks for fixing that! I downloaded 4.5 v571 just now, and unfortunately, the arrows on the negative ends of the axes still don't show.

Maybe I wasn't clear. You still need to enter the two lines in the Python console:
Graph.Axes.xAxis.ShowNegativeArrow=True
Graph.Axes.yAxis.ShowNegativeArrow=True

After pressing F5 you can see the negative arrows. What I fixed was that you can now use Save as default in the Edit|Axes dialog afterwards to store the setting so you don't need to do this every time..

Gotcha! Thanks again for making that possible.

-Marco

There seems to be some problems in build 571, which make it crash. It should be fixed now, so I suggest you download build 572 instead.

Attached is a plugin that will add the arrows to the negative ends of the axes.

Once the file is in the plugin folder, you can select the plugin from the menu and it will add the arrows at the negative end of each axis.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon AxesArrows.py 261 b, 418 downloads since 2018-03-01