Topic: Plotting more functions sharing x axis

I have downloaded your program 3 days ago, i like it....but im not able to plot from data tables (calc) functions that share x values with different Y scale on the same graphic. For example displacement, speed and accelerations depending from time or Volt, Ampere, Watts depending from time.
May be im not able or with Graph program is not possible to have multi Y with different scale. In this last case it is a pity, because it should be a more, more powerfull program.
Sorry for my English and my wishes to Mr. Padowan and to all the members of this Forum

Re: Plotting more functions sharing x axis

Graph can only handle one set of axes at a time, so unfortunately you cannot have data with different y-axes. I might add the possibility some time in the future, but I don't think it will be easy so don't expect anything.

Ivan Johansen wrote:

Graph can only handle one set of axes at a time, so unfortunately you cannot have data with different y-axes. I might add the possibility some time in the future, but I don't think it will be easy so don't expect anything.

Thank you Mr. Johansen for your quick answer and my compliments for your program apart from multi Y

In many cases, additional Y-axis (Y1) could be considered as pure graphical object, without its own grid and independent minimum and maximum values. If a plot in X-Y plane requires adjustment for proper amplitude by factor K, additional Y1 axis is then ticked by factor 1/K. And, with optional colors and intersections X-Y1,Y2..., additional axes could be put on graph just as useful decoration.
Attached is an example of the mentioned principle. This could help to avoid tedious task of creating Y1 (red) axis using functions and labels.

Anyway, the GRAPH is really great program and I try to propagate it among students' comunity.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Double-Y.grf 4.92 kb, 761 downloads since 2010-05-03 

Nice graph !