1 (edited by jsnc 2016-06-18 22:37:21)

Topic: Inverse Trig Functions (asin, acos, atan, etc.) and Full Graphs

I understand the Domain of the Inverses of Trig Functions must be limited to the Range of the applicable function, and that the Range of the Inverse must be limited so that a(TRIG) is a Function (f(x) has a single unique solution), but I would like to see the complete graph of the relation y=asin x (and the other TRIG Inverse Relations, showing all y values for f(x). Also, when the Domain and/or Range are limited for a function, it would be good to see this information in the function's dialog box.

If one could reflect a graph across another graph (eg y=x for the inverse), then one could generate their own full graphs of inverses.

Thank You,
Jeff

Re: Inverse Trig Functions (asin, acos, atan, etc.) and Full Graphs

To show the complete range, you can use a parametric function: x(t)=sin(t), y(t)=t. Alternatively you can plot the relation sin(y)=x.

Re: Inverse Trig Functions (asin, acos, atan, etc.) and Full Graphs

Thank you for being so responsive. It helps to see the big picture rather than the limited Domain to Range.
If you have a way of getting visibility with Google Search on "Graphs of Trigonometric Functions" , (with and without "Unrestricted Range"), I believe you would find some additional users.

As posted before, I mention again, as it is relevant here, that it would be great if Evaluate would have settings to select "Show as Multiples of pi", "Show Integers" (one can select either, neither or both), and have Evaluate functional for Relations. It would be good to have both the pi and Integer selections for Edit Axis Settings as well.

Again thank you,
Jeff