Topic: Would like to be able to draw lines in Graph 4.4.2

I found this wonderful program to replace wasting real graph paper for me and my son, who is doing 7th grade right now though remote cyber school with PAVCS.

Putting a series of coordinates in is wonderful to help visualize a shape that is formed by the dots.  For example, today on a test, he was asked to draw out a serials of coordinates on graph paper and connect the dots.  They then want to know if the shape was a trapezoid, rectangle, etc....

Would it be possible to add a linear connect the dots option or allow us to connect the dots?

Maybe there is a way and I just haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks kindly,

Dave

Re: Would like to be able to draw lines in Graph 4.4.2

In the Insert point seres dialog you select a line to connect the points. You can select line style, width, color and interpolation.

3 (edited by DaveyK01 2015-03-17 16:27:33)

Ivan Johansen wrote:

In the Insert point seres dialog you select a line to connect the points. You can select line style, width, color and interpolation.

Thanks that partially helps.

Series:
2, 2
2, -2
-2, -2
-2, 2

I select a solid line style and linear.  It draw three of the four lines. In this case a "U" shape.  It's not like I can not visualize the shape, it would just be a nice teaching tool for my son if I could show the entire shape.

Thanks kindly for your assistance.

Dave

4 (edited by DaveyK01 2015-03-17 17:40:10)

Follow up:
Okay I figured out that to complete the outline of the object that the first two coordinates need to be repeated and I understand why.

This product is a really cool educational tool!

DaveyK01 wrote:
Ivan Johansen wrote:

Thanks that partially helps.

Series:
2, 2
2, -2
-2, -2
-2, 2

I select a solid line style and linear.  It draw three of the four lines. In this case a "U" shape.  It's not like I can not visualize the shape, it would just be a nice teaching tool for my son if I could show the entire shape.

Thanks kindly for your assistance.

Dave