Topic: A couple of bugs

Ivan,

I've just discovered a couple of bugs:

1. When you export an image or an animation, any shading in the graph appears on the image exactly as it does in the window, so if you set the image size to anything other than exactly the dimensions of the window the shading appears in the wrong place. For example, the attached graph file will produce the attached image when exported at 500x500 pixels from a window that is 839x572.

2. When you turn of the axes, the grid also disappears. Perhaps this is not really a bug, then consider it a feature request. I'd like to turn off the axes, but still have the grid displayed. Is there some way to do this that I am missing?

Thanks,

-James

Post's attachments

Attachment icon shading example.grf 939 b, 545 downloads since 2013-01-14 

Attachment icon shading example.jpeg 17.19 kb, 531 downloads since 2013-01-14 

2 (edited by GraphUser3546 2013-01-15 15:09:47)

Re: A couple of bugs

About your second statement:

In the "Axes" properties, you can do the following:
-Remove the check in "Show Numbers" for each axis
-Remove the check in "Label" for each axis
-Change the color of the axes in "Axes color" to "White" in the "Font and Color" tab.

This way, the axes will be hidden, and the grid will still be there. wink

1. I can reproduce the problem and I will get it fixed in the next version.

2. It is per design that the grid lines are not shown when the axes are hidden. Why do you need the grid lines and not the axes?

GraphUser3564: I actually thought of the method of making the axes invisible by just making them white. Unfortunately it still leaves little white gaps in the grid lines though.

Ivan: I just wanted it just for aesthetic reasons really, for one project of mine. I was using graph to model some geometry problems. Since I'm modelling an affine space the origin is arbitrary, so I wanted to hide it.

I've found that a good way to do it though: with the axes set to crossed, just set both axes crossings to a large amount, so the axes are simply off-screen. Sorry, I don't know why I didn't think of this before. This is actually an easy thing to do.

I am glad you found a way to make it work. I will consider changing Graph so setting Axes to None will not remove the grid lines.

I have fixed the problem with the shading in the beta version of Graph 4.5, which you can find a http://padowan.dk/graph/DownloadBeta.php

James wrote:

I've found that a good way to do it though: with the axes set to crossed, just set both axes crossings to a large amount, so the axes are simply off-screen. Sorry, I don't know why I didn't think of this before. This is actually an easy thing to do.

Cool idea! Thanks! wink