Topic: Call to OS function failed

Win XP, Graph 4.4.2 build 543

Whilst displaying a graph and moving the mouse pointer onto menu title or menu item,
the message "A call to an OS function failed" was displayed and graph no longer responded.
A Ctrl-Alt-Del was required to close graph.  This occurred frequently, even after downloading
and re-installing (it happened to be the same version and build).

A couple of times, after waiting before using Ctrl-Alt-Del, the following message was displayed:

"Access violation at address 00A3A360 in module graph.exe. Read of address 00000004".

Regards

Re: Call to OS function failed

I don't know what could be causing this. But you can try using the beta version found at http://www.padowan.dk/beta/

With luck the problem has already been fixed in the beta version. Else it should allow you to send a bug report, which hopefully will help me fix the problem.

Downloaded the Beta version. It did not take long to activate the error.
But this time there was an opportunity to send a bug report
I could have sent two as I was unsure if the first had transmitted
successfully.

Regards

Thanks. I got the error reports. I may need some time to look into it, but a first glance suggests that it might be related to the tooltip. You can try to disable Show tooltip in the Edit|Options dialog and see if it helps.

Unticked show tool tip in | Options. That did not seem to help.

Regards

I have tried to analyse the error report. It looks like Windows fails to show the menu, but I cannot figure out why. I managed to find a computer with Windows XP, but I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

As Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, I don't think I will be able to fix this. It will probably help if you reinstall Windows, but I assume that is not a solution for you.