1 (edited by allanskov 2013-09-09 19:46:22)

Topic: Error: "External exception EEFFACE"

I get an error message when I try to plot
f(x)=x^0.5
See attached file.
It does not help me to reboot my PC.

Post's attachments

screenshot.230.jpg, 84.23 kb, 401 x 491
screenshot.230.jpg 84.23 kb, 1030 downloads since 2013-09-09 

Re: Error: "External exception EEFFACE"

It looks like you forgot to attach the file, but I can guess what it shows. However it does sound very strange. I don't know what could cause this. My best suggestion is to uninstall Graph to remove all settings and reinstall Graph afterwards.

Thanks for the answer. I have now tried to attache the file again.

To uninstall and install Graph does not help.

I have another PC with the same version og Graph... here I do not have the problem?
So it is not a problem generally - for me eighter.

4 (edited by ali_fz 2013-09-11 15:02:02)

Dear Ivan
Thanks for your support and caring

Recently when I installed Graph on my PC at my office; I could not use it because of this error!
I check and evaluate the errors:
1- graph could draw some equation like y=x or y=sin(x) but had an External error while drawing y=x^2
2- Graph could not evaluate point table of any function (Even y=x & y=sin(x))
3- Graph show an internal error (Red error on the status bar) when I want to calculate curve path or under curve area
4- It could draw any trad-line between some points (No error occurred).

Be notice that my computer in my office is a limited access PC (Controlled by IT department) so I am not administrative; But also many years ago I had a limited PC in my college while Graph installed and worked on it without any problems!!

Yesterday I contacted to my Office IT Administrative and he changed my account to a "power user"; but it didn't help to solving errors.
IT administrative guessed that graph want to change and access to registry and said may be this is the cause of its errors.

I hope that my explanation to be enough and clear.
Best Regards

It was a good suggestion about access to the registry. I have tried to reproduce the problem by denying Graph access to the registry, but with no success. The problem doesn't seem to be related to the registry.

However I have made a change to the beta version of Graph so it now should give a more useful error message instead of the not very useful EEFACE error. It would be great if you will try the beta version found at http://padowan.dk/graph/DownloadBeta.php, reproduce the error and tell me what the error message now says. I hope that will help me solve the problem.

6 (edited by ali_fz 2013-09-16 10:14:27)

Our IT administrator downloaded the Beta version and tried to install it;
But there is a problem in setup.exe: after installation appear a warning who says installation was completed but graph could not be launched; because of the PYTHON32.dll could not be found.
we uninstall and install again frequently; but it not solved

Therefore I can't test it

Screenshot:
http://upload7.ir/images/41955633335131588379.jpg

Sorry about that. Python32.dll should be an option and not a requirement. I have fixed it now: http://padowan.dk/graph/DownloadBeta.php

8 (edited by ali_fz 2013-09-17 07:52:44)

Thanks again;

Installation was completed and I ran graph

1- When I try to draw a function like a y=x^2   ;   y=(sin(x))^2  ; y=3^x  it shows a error: Func32::EFuncError.
    There is no problem in drawing of y=x  ;  y=sin(x)  ; y=Ln(x) ; y=floor(x) , ...
(It seems that it has a problem with powered functions)

2- There is an overall error with calculation of Differential; Under curve area; Curve length of any drawn function!
Internal Error: Please notify the programmer with as much information as possible.(Error 99)

Also when I want to change axises to Log scale; occurred an Internal Error.

Thanks a lot for helping me solve this problem. Unfortunately I am still not able to reproduce the problem. However I now have a direction to look in. I have uploaded a new beta version at http://padowan.dk/graph/DownloadBeta.php

It might give another error message now and I would like to know what it is. In addition it should create a file Graph.log where Graph is installed. Please attach the file after you have reproduced the error. I hope it can give me more information of what is causing the problem.

By the way, am I right that you are using a 32 bit Windows XP?
Do you know which processor you have?

Thanks a lot for the help.

With this betaversion I get: "Floating point overflow".
See attachment.

Post's attachments

screenshot.232.jpg, 98.92 kb, 540 x 481
screenshot.232.jpg 98.92 kb, 672 downloads since 2013-09-20 

11 (edited by ali_fz 2013-09-21 05:36:57)

excuse my dely in reply

as allanskov said; there were a "Floating point overflow" in drawing functions such as powered function or y=2x  ; y=x+1.

Also when I tried to evaluate under curve area; curve length; extracted point of a curve; it showed a red color error in the status bar:
A calculation resulted in an overflow.

I don't know why I could not attach any files in your forum, So I copy the "Graph.log" contents and paste below:
=======================================================
C:\Program Files\Graph\Graph.log
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PID: 0x00000ECC
Date: 2013/09/21 07:36:30 ق.ظ
CmdLine: "C:\Program Files\Graph\Graph.exe" /regserver

PID: 0x00001648
Date: 2013/09/21 07:36:36 ق.ظ
CmdLine: "C:\Program Files\Graph\Graph.exe"

PID: 0x00000108
Date: 2013/09/21 07:47:59 ق.ظ
CmdLine: "C:\Program Files\Graph\Graph.exe"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot

Sorry, I forgot to say my PC's properties:

Windows XP Professional. SP3 ;
32 Bit
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3GHz; 2 GB of RAM

Thanks a lot to both of you. Now we are getting somewhere. So it is a floating point overflow, which is strange as the error seems to happen in the parser. The log file is unfortunately not very useful. I had hoped it would show what exactly happened. I am now working on a way to pinpoint exactly where the error occur.

I have now added a library called MadExcept to Graph. It should detect the error and offer to send an error report to me when you reproduce the error. It will use your native mail client to send the email.

You can find it in the beta version at http://padowan.dk/graph/DownloadBeta.php
Please use it to reproduce the error and let it send the error report. This hopefully tells me exactly where the error occur. Thanks a lot for the help.

Dear Ivan
Unfortunately Thursday & Friday are weekend in my country and I have no access to my office PC.
I will do as your instruction on the Saturday morning.

That is fine. I can easily wait.

One Email with report is sendt to you.

Thanks a lot. I have received the email. It contains a lot of information and will be a very big help.

I have located where the error occur, but I am still confused about why it only happens on very few computers. But at least I have a chance of fixing it now. It seems to be in the number parser. I would like to know if you also see the problem with a function that only contain a number, e.g. f(x)=2?

Yes, there was the same error while trying to draw f(x)=2
I sent the error report for f(x)=2 and some other cases

Thanks. That confirms that it is the number parser. I will start looking into fixing it.

I have investigated the problem and have some ideas to solutions. I would like you to try the new beta version and see if it works:
http://padowan.dk/graph/DownloadBeta.php

It should fix the problem in case it is caused by a misconfigured floating point unit.

23 (edited by ali_fz 2013-10-02 09:56:05)

That's Perfect smile
I tried it with several function and operation and all previous problems are obviated.
Thank you so much for your consideration.
Good luck
@}-;-

Thanks a lot for helping me solve this. The previous beta version was actually just a quick test. I have now made a more correct solution. It would be great if you will test that as well: http://padowan.dk/graph/DownloadBeta.php

These beta versions do not work for me. I have sendt a bug-report for the last beta-version