Topic: Interactive creation of point series using Python?

Hi,
first i want to thank you for this great software.
It has been proved very useful.
Now i want to use it in a special way and i don't know if/how it's possible to do:
Is there a way to use Python to create point series directly in Graph without taking the detour of having to create a file and load it into Graph?
I have
- a point series of the destination curve. No problem to plot it with Graph
- a network of electronic parts each with it's own characteristic.
What i want to do is to write a Python script, that contains the individual characteristics of the parts and computes the overall characteristic of the network as a point series.
To finetune the parts' values i want to be able to change the values of the parts in the Python script and plot the resulting point series 'live' in Graph to compare it to the destination curve.
The Python part is no problem, but i can't figure out how to create the point series and plot it 'live' in Graph from a running Python script.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards
Blechi

Re: Interactive creation of point series using Python?

The following will create a new point series with 3 points and add it to the function list:

P=Graph.TPointSeries()
P.Points=[(1,2), (5,7), (9,3.4)]
Graph.FunctionList.append(P)
Graph.Redraw()

P.Points can be treated as list containing all the points as tuples. The documentation contains more information about what can be done with point series from Python: http://www.padowan.dk/doc/PluginDoc/Gra … ointSeries

Re: Interactive creation of point series using Python?

Thank you for your help.
This was exactly the missing link.
Works fine now.
Thanks again.
Blechi