Topic: Importing a point series from Excel

Tried 'Import from file'. After clicking on 'Open' it puts some jiberish in the top left cell, and thats all.

Is this function not working or am I doing it wrong. The help was not helpful in this regard.

ie How would it know which cells to import from the spreadsheet; when its working ok.

Tried doing copy paste. The number of cells pasted does not match the number copied from Excel.
It seems to ignore cells that do not have data, so the x and y cells become out of synch.

Thats a problem.

But I would like to get the import function to work. It is a large spreadsheet and copying a huge range of cells is a pain.

Other than this little huge problem its looking like a great program.

Mike

Re: Importing a point series from Excel

What kind of file are you trying to import? You may have to select the type of file in the Open dialog. Else Graph will try to guess the separator. Graph will import the x-coordinates from the first column and the y-coordinate from the second column. The help contains some examples
http://www.padowan.dk/doc/english/Impor … eries.html

You are right that there is a bug so the y-coordinate is placed at the position of the x-coordinate if there is no x-coordinate when pasting. I will fix that.

Import.

Microsoft .xls file created with Excel.
The file was selected before pressing Open.

The x data is in column B and the y values are in columns D, F, H, J, and L.

It needs to have the data location specified. Something like x=(B3:B700), y=(D3:D700). That is x values are in column B cell 3 to column B cell 700 inclusive, etc.

It needs to copy all the cells whether they contain data or are empty, and retain the order.

Copy Paste.
No that was not the bug I refer to.

ie I copy three cells from column D in the spreadsheet. The fist and last cell has data, the middle cell is blank.
I past the three cells to the y points table. The data is now in the first two cells, the blank is at cell three. So it is out of sync with the x data.

Is the source code available?

Mike

Graph cannot import xls files. Only text files are supported. Empty rows are ignored. The source code for Graph is available at SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/graph/f … h%204.4.2/

Or you could make a python script for this. There certainly exists a python library that opens xls files.

6 (edited by charles880 2015-02-04 06:41:52)

Triangle waves tr1, tr2 and also tr3 tend to be functionally equivalent however solely tr3 might be differentiated. The other differential associated  with tr3 must be 0 with the exception of as soon as tr3=0, however as soon as tr3 < about. 004 the 2nd differential will start to boost because tr3 solutions 0. Is actually this kind of simply a symptom of any decision restriction in the approach to difference?