Topic: Graph wont run on my computer

Hey all.

I've tried multiple times to download graph without success.  Actually I believe that it downloads but I can never get it to execute.  When I click on the "setupgraph..." icon that downloads to my computer nothing happens; it doesn't think about starting or anything, its response-less. 

I have windows vista, brown hair, and whatever other relevant info you need to help me resolve the problem

Re: Graph wont run on my computer

Unfortunately I don't know what to suggest. I do not have Windows Vista available right now, but I have previously tested it with Windows Vista without any problems. I have not heard of anyone with such a problem before. You should at least get some sort of error message. However you may want to check the file size. The file SetupGraph-4.4.2.exe should be about 9.6 MB (10.073.712 bytes to be exact).

Hmm. 

Yeah, 9,389 KB more or less.  I actually have it twice in my download folder from trying it previously. 

No troubleshooting ideas at all?  I love the software and use it at school all the time;  would be incredibly excited if I could get it to work on mine.

Interestingly, I just downloaded and executed the beta version without a problem, tried the release version--doesn't work.

Strange. I cannot think of any difference between them in the installation. A wild guess is to right click on the installation file and select Run as administrator. You may also want to check if you have some kind of anti-virus software blocking the installation. Besides that my best suggestion is to use the beta version.

I've previously tried the "right-click run as admin" workaround, but to no avail. 

I'm not super tech savvy, how would I check to see if i have some sort of anti-virus software set to block the installation?

Thanks.

I don't have a bright idea about how to fix your problem, but if the beta installs fine, you can use it. I do use the beta and it is stable as far as I know. Just my 2 cents.

You will usually have an icon for the anti-virus software in the system tray, but how you check it will depend on the software. Some years ago an anti-virus falsely reported Graph and everything using the same installer as a virus. But the current beta version is usable and does not vary much from the release.

Hi  Ivan: 
Before  anything  thanks for  your work... I have  the same  problem in  windows vista bussines edition PC. My  problem appear  to be like a missing file or  incompatibility  issue. I trust  that you can  help us to  find  the point!!!!

Greetings
Gamaliel Olvera

I just got a new computer. When I have it up and running I will look into the problem with Windows Vista. But I am afraid the solution will be to use the beta version, which chasebanta82 says is working with Windows Vista.

I'm  also  test the  beta version  and  works  perfectly on Windows Vista PC. Again thanks   for your effort

I have just tried installing Graph 4.4.2 on Windows Vista without any problems. So the problem apparently doesn't affect all Windows Vista installations. Without being able to reproduce the problem it is very difficult to solve. I am afraid that the best solution for those having trouble with the release version under Windows Vista is to use the beta version.

I had problems getting Graph to run, both in the latest production version and the beta version.  I was running on Windows 7 with SP1.  It was simply crashing very early on loading.

The good news is that I have managed to get it to run - it looks like it might be the Python dll that causes the issue.  I downloaded and installed (from the Python website) Python v3.2.4 and that seems to have fixed it - Graph is now up and running.

You may want to uninstall Graph (ignoring the error messages), install Python and re-install Graph to make it all work, but it seems to be happy again...

Hope this helps.

Brian