Topic: Cannot edit y-axis

I am trying to view a trig function that is unreadable unless I zoom in on the x-axis. However, when I do this, the y-axis also automatically is contracted. I have gone to Edit|Axes and I can change the x-axis range, but the values for the y-axis are grayed out. I have tried clicking on 'Zoom:Square' but this hasn't helped. How can I edit the y-axis?

Re: Cannot edit y-axis

This is because you have selected Zoom|Square. In Graph 4.3 this will lock the y-axis to the x-axis until you select Zoom|Square again. In Graph 4.4 it will only change the y-axis once and not lock the axis.

I saw that recommendation on another person's post. I have tried to change the axis, then clicked Zoom:Square (to deselect it, presumably), then immediately tried again, with no luck. Anything else I can try?

Unfortunately I don't have other suggestions, but if you can attach a grf file that demonstrates the problem, I might be able to see what is wrong.

Hi,

I was wondering if a solution to this problem was ever found. I can reset the axes (Ctrl-D) and sometimes I'll be able to edit the y-axis, but almost immediately, it will go back to being grayed out. Is there something I can do to be able to edit the y-axis?

Thanks!