Topic: Graph 4.4 problem

Hi,
When I moved the dialogbox of (length of path/integrate/evaluate) I am not able to dock it again to its place, and the movement of that dialog box is not smooth. I am using windows 7.
Thank you.

Re: Graph 4.4 problem

You should be able to drag the window down below the function list to dock it into the main window. You don't write which version of Graph you are using, but the beta version of Graph 4.4 has some improvements for Windows 7.

Thanks for the reply.
The docking mechanism worked, but moving that window is still not smooth, can that be fixed?

I am afraid that will be difficult as I cannot reproduce the problem. It moves smooth on my system. Is it only the evaluate dialog that has the problem or do you also see it with other dialogs?

It is only the (evaluate/integrate/length of path) windows that have the problem.
I am using Graph 4.4 build 492 with windows 7.
Processor is Core 2 Quad Q8400, 4 GB ram, Ati HD 5770 video card. (My computer isn't slow at all).

Thank you.

That is strange. I have checked under both Windows XP and Windows 7 and I am not able to reproduce the problem. This makes it a little difficult to fix. But I would like to know if anyone else has this problem.

I've met similar problem. Once I dragged an evaluation table from its home position (bottom left), it changed to standard modal dialog. Since then, it always appears as modal dialog and cannot be docked back. When moving the window, only its border silhouette (smoothly) moves, and then the window jumps in position where the outline dropped.
This happened after an experiment evoked by this thread, using beta version. Restarting the program has no effect. Furthermore, the 4.3 version has now the same behaviour without any experimenting with it. My OS is WXP SP3.

Yes, that is how it is supposed to work. If you release the window when it jumps, it will be docked back into the main window.

Well, anytime before that experiment if I used evaluation button, the evaluation table appeared aligned with low part of the left pane (docked?). I hadn't even known it could be moved. When I heard it could, I moved it. The table changed to little modal dialog window, it could be moved/released anywhere. It simply disappeared when closed. After that, when invoking evaluation or calculation functions, modal window appears immediately somewhere on the screen, and I haven't found a way how to dock it back. Basket687 has, me not. sad