Topic: Hello everyone! My graph is disapearing when I do THIS:

Ok, hi everyone!  I know my username is weird, I just didn't know what it should be-and I do know that you don't know me, so there ya go.  I have a project in pre calc utilizing this graphing program, it's to make a picture out of a bunch of graphs.  Anyway, to make a picture the lines don't go on forever like in a normal graph, right?  Well, as you may know, you can put what points you want it to go to to change the graph's size.  When I type it in (from smallest to largest like you're supposed to), my graph disapears...I take off those perameters and it works again.  Help, I'm stuck!  If I have any more questions, I'll just ask here (though of course I'll search, because I know noobs are annoying with NOT searching-I tried searching for this and saw nothing, I guess I don't know really what to search for).

Thanks!

Re: Hello everyone! My graph is disapearing when I do THIS:

Sorry, I don't understand what it is you are trying to do. Maybe if you attach a grf file with the graphs you are having problems with it might be easier to understand.

3 (edited by udontknowme 2010-12-10 23:20:14)

If you double click on a function, you can edit it.  To make the graph appear smaller, there's the argument range to make it smaller.  When I do this, after that my graph disapears from the page completly.  If I go back into the the edit screen and take those restrictions out then it appears again, but not smaller, in the way that I want it to.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon graph for pre calc.grf 711 b, 550 downloads since 2010-12-10 

4 (edited by joe 2010-12-11 14:46:16)

Maybe you're trying to type constraints on the y-axis while you have to type it for the x-axis?
For example if you want the graph to stop at y=-30, and i see you're working with parables, then you would have to find the two x-values (x1;x2) crossing the line y=-30 and set constraints from x1 to x2.

joe wrote:

Maybe you're trying to type constraints on the y-axis while you have to type it for the x-axis?
For example if you want the graph to stop at y=-30, and i see you're working with parables, then you would have to find the two x-values (x1;x2) crossing the line y=-30 and set constraints from x1 to x2.

That's what it was!  I was so frustrated.  My dad helped me too lol.