Topic: How to use the Integrate function?

I have been unable to setup the Integrate function. Do I define the function in the Function|Custom Functions or in the Functions (f(x). Neither of these locations work properly. Suppose I want to integrate a 45deg straight line from 0 to 2 in x, where do I put the statement Integrate(t,t,0,2)?
Thanks,
gordc

Re: How to use the Integrate function?

Yes, you can use it in a custom function or you can plot it directly as f(x)=integrate(t,t,0,2). However the result is a constant, so it would be the same as f(x)=2.

Ivan, You have identified my difficulty here!. I was confused by the definition, equivalent to y=2. How would one describe any function (for example, a sloping line y=x/2) in the Integrate function?
gordc.

If you want to plot the indefinite integral of y=x/2, you can do it with f(x)=integrate(t/2, t, 0, x).
If instead you want to calculate the definite integral between two values, you insert the function f(x)=x/2 and use Calc|Area in the menu, and enter the range.

OK, Ivan, I have finally got it! The difference between plotting the indefinite integral and actually calculating the area using the Area function on the f(x).Thanks a lot