Topic: More modern (Vista?) style

First of all, I must say that this is such a wondeful program. There are so many functions and I believe there isn't another free program for this purpose.

However, I would really suggest upgrading the style of Graph. The buttons, menu and toolbar are in Windows 95 style, whereas nowadays nobody uses that style in Windows. Moreover, the program on the whole looks quite gray, whereas Vista and XP use more colorful visual styles. Last but not least, the logo could have a repaint as well. On the whole, the combination of the Vista style has a too high contrast in style with Graph.

I hope you understand what I mean and perhaps I'm asking way too much, but it's just a suggestion I would like to make.

Re: More modern (Vista?) style

Have you tried the beta version?
You can find it here: http://padowan.dk/graph/DownloadBeta.php
It has a newer style, though it is not like Windows Vista. It also has a much nicer logo than the old version.
I would like to know what you think about it.

Oops I'm sorry, I always use stable versions. It looks great indeed, especially the logo. Thanks, I didn't know that, and sorry for making suggestions you've implemented already.

4 (edited by ichiban 2009-10-05 00:35:27)

pimvdb wrote:

The buttons, menu and toolbar are in Windows 95 style, whereas nowadays nobody uses that style in Windows.

I do use that style in Windows. Fireworks and fancy colors disturb me. I like gray :-D. And I have to say that I do not like this new style from beta. It is possible to add option to choose style user wants? Or even more... Like add option that let anyone create skins for Graph?

ichiban wrote:

I do use that style in Windows. Fireworks and fancy colors disturb me. I like gray :-D. And I have to say that I do not like this new style from beta. It is possible to add option to choose style user wants? Or even more... Like add option that let anyone create skins for Graph?

Graph will follow the color settings specified in Windows. So if you choose the classic theme, Graph will mostly look like Windows 2000. I am not going to implement support for skins as I think the development effort is better used on other features.