1 (edited by DrTRod 2016-10-30 08:10:26)

Topic: Graph for Printing

Hi!

I want to create a graph --5 inches by 5 inches and 300 PPI-- and then save the graph as a JPG image file.

How do I do it?

Thank you!

Dr. T

Re: Graph for Printing

That means you want a 1500x1500 pixel JPEG file.

Select File|Save as image. In the dialog, select jpeg as Save as type and click on the Options button. In the Image options dialog, select Custom size and set Image width and Image height to 1500. Click the OK button, specify a file name and click the Save button.

Dear Ivan,

Thank you for your reply.

Not an option.  A 1500 by 1500 pixels JPG image at 72 PPI (which is the default for GRAPH) is larger than 5 by 5 inches.  Re-sizing the image to 5 by 5 inches, changes not only the graph lines but the text as well.

What I did was to create a 360 by 360 pixels (72 X 5) JPG image at 72 PPI, which is 5 by 5 inches.  Then re-sizing the image to the same size but at 300 PPI does not scale the text.

What do you think?

Dr. T

I think a better solution might be to change the 1500x1500 pixels picture to 300 PPI. I just tried it with GIMP from https://www.gimp.org and it seems to work well.

I also want to point out that JPEG is great for photographs but not for drawings as created by Graph. You will probably get a better result by using PNG instead.