Topic: Zoom enhancements

Multiple "standard coordinates"

Currently Graph can store only 1 zoom setting, recallable by the standard coordinates button. When working with functions, I often need to examine function behaviour repeatedly at several zoom settings. Being able to set and recall multiple zoom settings would be convenient, like stations on a car radio or memories on a basic scientific calculator.

Auto fitting a function

The "zoom to show the selected function" is great but how it chooses the x axis zoom is not apparent for functions with an infinite domain. A common need is to visualize what happens to a function as x goes to infinity. It would be convenient to zoom out x, y or both directly to program limits and also to  auto zoom just x or y to fit a single axis.

Re: Zoom enhancements

Multiple stored zoom settings actually sounds like a good idea. I have added it to my todo list.

The Zoom|Fit functionality is actually very simple. Graph just takes the largest and smallest coordinates it knows for the function, adds 10% and uses the result as limits for the axes. For standard functions this will rarely change the x-axis much. I hope to improve Zoom|Fit in future versions.

In case you don't know about it, you can use Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End to zoom in/out on the x-axis only and Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn to zoom in/out on the y-axis only.