1 (edited by q2apro.com 2014-06-12 20:03:47)

Topic: Animate Tutorial for Graph?

I checked the recent manual, there is no example of how to create animations.

In this forum I only found one post explaining one example, but it is not that simple.

It would be nice for beginners to add a simple example.

#
On the other hand, now the animation is outputted as an AVI file (as far as I can see). It would be nice to have a function with a parameter "a" inside, and a slider with a range that changes the value of "a" and the graph updates by itself. This would be great for teaching purposes. See graphing examples at desmos: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/kaoeswcouq Or you could implement up-down-arrows: http://www.echteinfach.tv/flash/?app=a0061 (but that might be more difficult).

PS: I am very sure that graph (renamed to padograph? smile ) has the potential to be kind of "offline desmos". Pretty, functional and used by millions worldwide!

Re: Animate Tutorial for Graph?

q2apro.com wrote:

I checked the recent manual, there is no example of how to create animations.

In this forum I only found one post explaining one example, but it is not that simple.

It would be nice for beginners to add a simple example.

There is a file Animation.grf installed with Graph that is supposed to be an example, though I agree that it could be better. I plan to start writing some guides to show step by step how to do things like animations.

q2apro.com wrote:

On the other hand, now the animation is outputted as an AVI file (as far as I can see). It would be nice to have a function with a parameter "a" inside, and a slider with a range that changes the value of "a" and the graph updates by itself. This would be great for teaching purposes.

You can change a constant from the Custom functions/constants though there is no slider. I plan to make this easier in a future version.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe point to the example file somewhere in the tutorial?

Or just 5 lines how to do the animation smile

Hope to see the sliders coming.

Thanks,
Kai

I'm about sin using your  software but confuse where to type. How can I graph sin?