1 (edited by Meher 2010-03-24 14:00:32)

Topic: compilation error

Hello sir,

i'm working on a project which is a part of our course and we have been asked to integrate your  graph software as a tool in their GUI.I found all the required libraries and the source and we have to get a .exe file of that and then create a .dll of that .exe file.Now there are 2 things which i'm working on

1.Checking out the proper installation paths of those libraries.
  I tried including them in the source code header files and also in the installation folder of the borland c++ builder.

2.There is a component folder in the source code which consists of components which are integrated into a package called ICOMP.So for the graph code to compile successfully we have to compile and install those components or we can say package successfully and that's exactly what am trying now.But when i tried to compile that ICOMP package.It gave these errors

>>[C++ Fatal Error] Cross.cpp(54): F1013 Error writing output file
>>[Linker Error] Could not create ..\Obj\IComp.ils (error code 3)
and many other errors.but i couldn't figure out what caused those errors.Would please  guide us on eliminating those errors.

Thank you

Meher

Re: compilation error

Meher wrote:

i'm working on a project which is a part of our course and we have been asked to integrate your  graph software as a tool in their GUI.I found all the required libraries and the source and we have to get a .exe file of that and then create a .dll of that .exe file.Now there are 2 things which i'm working on

This sounds a little strange. You want to compile Graph into a dll? I am not even sure that will work.

Anyway, compiling Graph is not as easy as one could hope. But the beta version of Graph 4.4 has less requirements than Graph 4.3.

Meher wrote:

1.Checking out the proper installation paths of those libraries.
  I tried including them in the source code header files and also in the installation folder of the borland c++ builder.

C++ Builder seems to have a bad habit of adding fixed paths to the project file. So you probably need to change the paths in the project file.

Meher wrote:

It gave these errors
>>[C++ Fatal Error] Cross.cpp(54): F1013 Error writing output file
>>[Linker Error] Could not create ..\Obj\IComp.ils (error code 3)
and many other errors.but i couldn't figure out what caused those errors.Would please  guide us on eliminating those errors.

It sounds like the compiler doesn't have write access to the Obj directory.

3 (edited by Meher 2010-03-25 16:03:47)

Yeah,we have compile it into a .exe file first before converting it into .dll so that it can imported to visual studio.i havent checked the graph 4.4.Will see to it.

The source code of that graph 4.4 is not available?

Thanks for your reply

Can we get atleast working .exe file after compiling the source code of graph 4.3  because we are getting lot of compiler errors and we cant work with graph 4.4 since the source code of it is not available

You can find the source code for beta version of Graph 4.4 in SubVersion. See http://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&group_id=99643

Notice that to compile Graph 4.3 you need C++ Builder 6. At least I have not managed to compile it with other versions. To compile Graph 4.4 you need at least C++ Builder 2009.