1 (edited by teevee 2011-01-04 13:56:10)

Topic: My suggestions/wonderings

I have been using Graph at the academy for ½ year now and this program is brilliant!

I have a few things that could make my using of Graph easier – I don’t know if they already are there, but I can always try mentioning them.

1.    Folders – Sometimes it would be great if there were a “folder function” so you can set functions/codes in order and make a better overview.
-    Maybe even make under folders and give the option to name them and choose if the folder should be “active” or not.
-    Example: if you make marketing conditions as I do and you want to make for 2 different price intersections for 2 different countries. Then it would be great, if you could make folders under the axis (menu) – to give a better overview for your tasks.
2.    Linetype overlap function – a function where you can choose a point, where a function should fade to another linetype example:
-    You want the linetype should be standard from 0→10 and then you want it to fade to strips from 10→∞.

Side question:
3.    Show full numbers – I had a problem, when I wanted to read the area of a function i made.
I have a picture of it and I wanted to check the area on one of the triangles.

!Se attach picture! "Billede.jpg "

As you see – I get a area of 7.4375E+6 ? Why not a full number, are there a way to show the full number?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Billede.jpg 188.28 kb, 412 downloads since 2011-01-04 

Re: My suggestions/wonderings

teevee wrote:

1.    Folders – Sometimes it would be great if there were a “folder function” so you can set functions/codes in order and make a better overview.
-    Maybe even make under folders and give the option to name them and choose if the folder should be “active” or not.
-    Example: if you make marketing conditions as I do and you want to make for 2 different price intersections for 2 different countries. Then it would be great, if you could make folders under the axis (menu) – to give a better overview for your tasks.

It sounds like a good idea. I will consider it for one of the next versions, but don't expect anything in the nearest future.

teevee wrote:

2.    Linetype overlap function – a function where you can choose a point, where a function should fade to another linetype example:
-    You want the linetype should be standard from 0→10 and then you want it to fade to strips from 10→∞.

Fading between line types sounds a little strange to me. Currently you can split the line into two with different line types.

teevee wrote:

3.    Show full numbers – I had a problem, when I wanted to read the area of a function i made.
I have a picture of it and I wanted to check the area on one of the triangles.

As you see – I get a area of 7.4375E+6 ? Why not a full number, are there a way to show the full number?

Well, different people prefer different notations. I chose to use scientific notation for large numbers, but I plan to make this optional in one of the next versions.